Friday, January 18, 2013

Pleasantville

Are you in a relationship? Did you answer yes?
Now:
Do you communicate?
Do you have a lot in common?
Does your SO "get" you?
Do you "get" your SO?
Are you in love?
Is your idea of a perfect night spent with your SO, and it doesn't matter what you do?

I am sure that you answered yes to the above questions, because really, what other answer is there?

"Hell no, but I am with the (insert adjective) anyway!"

Yeah, not entirely likely. Maybe you missed my sarcasm as I ask those questions, but it most assuredly is there. If you are a girl you know that one of the things that girls talk about most, is their relationship--especially among other girls. Does not matter the stage of the relationship: new love, early relationship, long term, engagement, marriage, etc, it is all the same. There is one thing I know to be true:

No one has as good a relationship as you. You are the normal one, the original Brady Bunch model. How, for the love of god, how!! do (insert names here) stay together?! How does (insert name) put up with (insert behavior here)?! I know I would not (insert your self righteous statement here)!

It's true! You know it is. Take a minute. Sit back in your chair--DO IT! Think about it. You know I am right. If you do not believe me, please refer to a previous post. Yes, judgment. We all pass it around.

Other uncomfortable truths:

Your relationship is not perfect. Someone is looking at you with the same questions (please refer to the one thing I know to be true above). So go to the kitchen, take out the salt, pick out a grain and take it.

We live, we complain, we learn, life goes on. ob la di, ob la da.

No comments:

Post a Comment