Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Judgment Day

I have a confession. I don't see it as a confession but more recognition of an uncomfortable truth. I am judgmental. I am. It's fact. There are things that I do not like about people. I admit it. There are things about me that people do not like--this trait is probably one of them. Do I like this quality about myself? Absolutely not. Does it make me a bad person? No, because chances are you are judgmental as well. Really think about it. Are you? If you say no, you are lying to yourself. There is someone, somewhere that you have looked at doing or saying something in which you thought to yourself "I would NEVER say/do that. How in the world could they do that?" etc, etc.

It is fact. Go ahead and try to tell me that you never do that. I will laugh at you. However, my confession is that I am this way a lot more than I would like. I see people and I automatically make assumptions based on:

  • Word of mouth (I have heard this, that and the other about said person from others and that has colored my judgment)
  • Appearance (Is it really necessary to have body parts showing?) 
  • Demeanor 
  • Vocabulary 
  • Attitude towards their children

It is especially true of the latter. How you treat your children in public is especially is especially high on my list of traits I judge people on. There are children I would love to adopt after seeing their parents in action. I digress.

My name is Jenifer and I am judgmental. It's true. I am--though I try not to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment